Winter has already begun, bringing with it inclement weather. If you still need to get your car ready for winter, here are a few winter car care tips.
- Battery. Extreme cold can cause an already weak battery to fail. Have your battery tested to make sure it can make it through the season.
- HVAC. You will need your entire HVAC system in prime condition throughout the winter. Your air conditioning plays an important role in the winter by keeping your windows fog free.
- Lightning. With long, dark nights ahead, you will need all of your car’s lighting. Make sure all the exterior lights work and are angled pro
- Coolant. Helping to regulate your engine’s temperature is antifreeze, or coolant. Check the coolant level to make sure it is at the proper level.
- Washer Fluid. You should swap out your windshield washer fluid for the winter variety, that has a lower freezing point than the standard kind.
- Gas. During the winter, you should make an effort to keep your tank as full as possible. This helps prevent your gas lines from freezing.
If you need help getting your car ready for winter, schedule a service appointment right here at Muller Toyota.