As the spring season is finally here, it’s time to start thinking about what you need to do to ensure that your car makes the seasonal transition smoothly. Here are a few basic car maintenance tips for the spring to keep your car in top shape.
Start off your maintenance checklist by checking out everything on the exterior of your car:
- If you notice paint chipping away, fix it as soon as possible to prevent further damage
- Check your tires. If they are worn down, then replace them for your own safety
- Ensure that your windshield wipers are in good working order for the rainy season
Under the Hood
Once you’ve check out the exterior of your car, pop open your hood and check for the following:
- Do your oil and filters need to be replaced? Most people recommend changing your oil once every 3,000 miles
- Check all of your fluids to ensure that they are all filled to the appropriate levels
- Check all hoses and belts
Under the Car
Finally, finish off by checking out everything underneath your car:
- Check your entire brake system to ensure that there is no corrosion
- Check the shocks and struts
- If you find any puddles of fluid or stains underneath your car, identify the problem
If you need any assistance with car maintenance for the spring season, feel free to get in touch with our professionals at Muller Toyota.